6" IC Airtight Housing
- For use where housing will be in direct contact with insulation.
- Airtight housing limits the exchange of air between ceiling plenum and heated/cooled areas.
- The BL9ICN-AT housing is Washington State energy code approved to meet restricted airflow requirements.
- Internal thermal protector rated 105°C guards against improper lamping and misuse of insulation materials.
- Adjustable socket bracket assures proper and consistent lamp positioning.
- Junction box is listed for through branch circuit wiring and has several 1/2" knockouts.
- Four Romex pry-outs include integral strain relief and require no additional claps.
- Reinforced captive bar hangers allows housing to be positioned at any point within a 24" joist span and then locked in place with a set screw.
- Unique beak design provides quick installation.
- 4 double-headed captive nails/screws provide for ease of installation.
- Bar hangers can be repositioned 90° on plaster frame without tools.
- Bar hangers fit onto T-Bar spine for quick alignment and can be permanently secured.
- Supplied with 3 - Push in wire connectors for ease of installation.
- 7 1/2" height allows use in 2" x 8" joist construction.
- Housing adjusts to accommodate ceiling thickness.
- UL damp location
- UL feed through.
- UL listed for direct contact with insulation.